Basically, a trademark is a “brand” or “logo” that you can use to distinguish your product from those of your competitors. Through trademark registration, you can protect your brand or logo by restricting other people from using the same. For e.g. the logo of NIKE and their tagline JUST DO IT is a registered trademark. It provides them protection as it is illegal to use the same logo or tagline.
A registered trademark is an intangible asset for a business and is used to protect the company’s investment in the brand or symbol. TM number is assigned within a period of three days by Trademark department but it takes almost two years for it to be registered so that you can use to use ® symbol with your brand name. It is always advised to get trademark registration because getting your company registered will not protect your brand against those who might initiate using identical or similar marks.
Documents Required for TRADEMARK REGISTRATION
- Pan Card of Applicant and Authorized Signatory
- TM 48 Power of Attorney
- Logo if any in JPG format
- List of goods or services for which registration is required
Upfront Pricing, Simple Plans, & Superior Service
- Trademark filing under one class for proprietorships and small enterprises having MSME registration. Inclusive of government fee and service tax.
- Trademark filing under one class for proprietorships and small enterprises along with MSME registration. Inclusive of government fee and Taxes.
- Trademark filing under one class for all other enterprises and entities. Inclusive of government fee and service tax.